Ali's Blog

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Myspace

In a recent post in the Modern Marketing blog, the author talked about advertising on myspace. I was suprised to see that it seems like advertisers try to steer clear of myspace, and as I read that, I realized that there really is very little advertising, if any, on the site. Being a slightly obsessive myspacer, this article caught my eye right away. I was a little offended by the assumption that myspace is only used by paedophiles, terrorists and whiny teens. I don't fall into any of those categories - I use myspace to keep in touch with my friends, and we use it often. I personally think that myspace would be a gold mine for advertisers, especially those who are targeting the 18 to 24 range of consumers. I, and most of my friends, log on to myspace at least once a day... more than any other site I visit. I think companies should reconsider myspace as a means of advertising.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home